High Speed Rail Phase 2
Our Phase 2 of the X Train project is to upgrade the existing rail line between Daggett, California and Las Vegas into a HSR (High Speed Rail) corridor capable of running the X Train passenger trains at 120 mph. This corridor is 175.8 miles long and has 29 sidings on it. Regular passenger train speed is set at 79 mph, but with the appropriate rail improvements, PTC controls, and installation of switching, the time to travel this distance would drop from its scheduled 3.46 hours to 2.5 hours, thus cutting off over an hour in travel time.
In addition, by making the line a double track main line, not only would our passenger trains travel faster, but the freight railroad traffic would improve its speed also.
The project cost is $414 million, which includes a $52 million new station in Las Vegas. The follow on is to construct a 500 room “X Hotel” on the property so travelers on the X Train can arrive in our station/lobby and have their stay in Las Vegas at our hotel.
- The Company will use existing, privately owned railroad trackage and existing private railcars
- 371,000 passengers per year
- Upgrade 100 miles of track for 120 mph speed
- 4.0 hour trip one way
- Carry over 1 million passengers
- Build 500 room upscale “The X” hotel above station
- Boutique casino in hotel
- Train ridership stays at The X Hotel